[6/19/19] Fire Danger
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THRU 9 PM WEDNESDAY
Central Cascade Valleys including Chelan, Entiat and Wenatchee
* Winds: West 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative Humidities: 18 to 28 percent.
* Impacts: Gusty west winds and low relative humidities will promote rapid fire spread of existing fires and any new fire starts.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM WEDNESDAY...
* Winds...West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Localized
gusts up to 55 mph are expected on the Waterville Plateau and on higher benches surrounding Wenatchee and Chelan.
* Timing...Strongest wind gusts will occur through
Wednesday morning. Winds will remain windy into Wednesday
evening but wind gusts will not be as strong.
* Impacts...Strong winds may blow down tree limbs and result in
damage to power lines. Isolated power outages are expected.
* Locations...Wenatchee, Chelan, Entiat, Waterville, Mansfield
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of over 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.