15 year old Chelan High School Freshman, Clayton Kimsey, is listed in serious condition at HarborviewMedicalCenter in Seattle after suffering severe burns in a campfire accident this past weekend.
Chief Tim Lemon with Chelan Fire and Rescue says the incident occurred just before 6 PM Sunday night in UnionValley as Clayton was starting a fire.
Following initial medical treatment at Lake Chelan Community Hospital Clayton was airlifted to the Harborview Burn Unit for treatment of his burns. It is anticipated Clayton will receive multiple skin grafts over the next weeks and months and will likely remain in the hospital for an extended period.
An account has been set up at Bank of America to help the family with medical and travel expenses related to Clayton’s recovery.
Several of Clayton’s family members, including his mother Sissy and sister Tia, work at the Chelan Safeway and fellow employees have placed donation cans at both the bakery and the customer service counter for those who wish to support the family.
All of us here at KOZI wish a speedy recovery for Clayton and look forward to welcoming him back to home as soon as possible. We would like to thank Kimsey family friend, Carrie Melton and all the Safeway employees who helped us put this story together.
Stay tuned to KOZI for additional information as it becomes available."CLICK HERE" for Audio